Hi again! Seeing as I only started my blog just over a week ago, I thought it would be a great idea to share 50 facts about me for a chance for you all to get to know me a little better. None of these are book related (I’ll do another blog post for that some time), but here it goes…
1. I have absolutely no idea what I want to do after university *someone employ me please*
2. I love living in Brighton when I’m at university but doubt I’ll stay there afterwards simply because it’s so darn expensive
3. My Dad owns a taxi company, yet ironically I get the bus everywhere and can’t drive
4. I have the cutest dog in the world – a black labrador called Bramble. I love her so much (I love all dogs of course)
5. One summer, I learnt to say the alphabet backwards, recite the whole periodic table and all the countries, flags and capitals in the world. Simply because I was bored. (This was BEFORE I became a massive bookworm!)
6. I’m a member of Mensa and have an IQ in the top 0.5% of the population.
7. I love the smell of candles – my favourite being apple and cinnamon.
8. I’m not a huge fan of chart music (I couldn’t honestly name a single song in the Top 40) and prefer older music such as Elton John and Billy Joel, or Michael Buble or ANYTHING musical related.
9. I absolutely hated my prom and would definitely not go again if I had the choice. I think it’s massively overhyped.
10. I’m really into politics, which can be quite exhausting currently in the UK. SO MUCH I DISAGREE WITH!!!
11. I always have, and probably always will, bite my nails.
12. I was born 6 weeks prematurely and had to spend some time in a special unit.
13. It sounds odd but if I could have a superpower, it would be to not need sleep (because then I could practically do 2x as much as I do now).
14. I have a summer job in a bakery which is both good (FREE FOOD) but also bad (FREE FOOD = weight gain!!)
15. When I was younger, I always wanted to be a shop keeper, then a newsreader, and then a history teacher. And now I have no idea!
16. My teachers have been a huge inspiration for me. I genuinely don’t think I would be the person I am today – they have been so supportive and kind. I would also not be a reading fan if it wasn’t for my English college teacher.
17. I hardly ever watch TV. I very rarely watch movies either.
18. However, I do watch The Big Bang Theory, Ru Paul’s Drag Race or educational documentaries. I like to have these on in the background if I am doing something else, like cleaning my room for example.
19. I am a big sucker for musicals! My favourite one I’ve ever seen is The Girls (but has recently closed) which was a musical based on the Calendar Girls. I currently have an obsession with Waitress and Dear Evan Hansen.
20. Speaking of musicals, I am going to see Hamilton FOUR times next year. YASSSSS!!!
21. I’m 20 years old and have never got drunk. I’ve only ever had 2.5 cocktails (the half is very important!!!) but drinking has never appealed to me so I’m very happy staying sober and looking after all my drunk friends!
22. I don’t particularly like university. Academically I quite enjoy it but have found it quite challenging socially.
23. Chocolate brownie is my favourite food ever. Nom nom nom!
24. I’ve been veggie for nearly 2 years and will be going vegan in September when I go back to university!
25. I volunteered at an Oxfam charity shop for 6 months and it was such an eye opening experience. I would definitely recommend volunteering somewhere as it allows you to see things from a totally new perspective.
26. I used to be a massive fan of One Direction and saw them on every tour they did in the UK (From X Factor, to their first theatre tour, to their final Wembley tour).
27. My nickname at home is Marley (Close to Marie but I’m not quite sure how this name stuck – I think it was from the time the film Marley and Me was released in the cinema).
28. I’m currently learning French (hence my Lots of Livres (Books in French) name) but am also learning British Sign Language too.
29. I wrote a bucketlist when I was 15 of 500 things, both big and small, that I wanted to achieve in my life. I haven’t looked at this list since.
30. People think I’m crazy but I would choose winter over summer any day.
31. I have about a million celebrity crushes but my top ones are definitely Michael Buble.
32. I used to eat paper all the time when I was younger.
33. I have a massive phobia of flying birds.
34. I really want to start a bullet journal but haven’t really had the time to properly start one. Hopefully I will in the next upcoming weeks.
35. I don’t believe in ghosts or aliens.
36. My favourite flower is a sunflower because they are so bright and make me super happy every time I look at one!
37. I’m 5ft 9 and a half and my friends are all quite short so it probably looks really weird when we all meet up.
38. I would love to live in Iceland if I could but Icelandic is such a hard language to learn (but I’ll get there!!)
39. I love being organised and making lists of things to do but I’m actually quite a messy person.
40. I recently had my bedroom redecorated and I am in love with it. It’s now turquoise and cream.
41. I don’t really watch many Youtubers but my favourite are definitely Dodie, Colleen Ballinger, The Mandeville Sisters and Carrie Hope Fletcher.
42. I have a younger brother who is 18, but we actually get on very well and do a lot of things together.
43. I would love to swim with dolphins one day (although I’m not a great swimmer) but that would be a dream come true!
44. Talking of dreams, I very rarely dream during the night – or certainly I can’t remember them – so I tend to write them down when I do have one so I don’t forget.
45. I love playing The Sims and could spend days and days straight, simply designing a house. I have to make sure I have nothing planned before I open the game as I tend to lose track of time!
46. I wasn’t able to fold my tongue for years and then all of a sudden, I managed to do and I’m not quite sure how.
47. I love watching the Olympics. It always gets me motivated (for about a month and then I give up haha).
48. My birthday is on March 11th, which often falls on Red Nose Day which was great when I was at school as it was mufty day/fancy dress.
49. I always get a bit carried away with exclamation marks and put them after nearly every sentence I write, especially when I’m online.
50. I found this incredibly hard to think of 50 facts without mentioning books at all!