My name’s Marie, I’m 20 years old and live in England. I spend my time between Brighton in Sussex where I’m at the University of Sussex studying International Development (In my third and final year) and in Norwich, Norfolk, where I spend the rest of my time with my parents, brother and dog.
This blog, Lots of Livres (reflecting my love for books and poor attempt at trying to learn French), was started at the beginning of July 2017 in the hope of meeting like-minded people, who also enjoy rambling about things they’re passionate about. I mainly post about books but sometimes post about other things I love including musicals, TV shows and writing or some of my experiences at university.
In terms of books, I have always been an avid reader from an early age. Here is a picture of me on World Book Day when I was in junior school.
I tend to enjoy a mixture of genres, but particularly Young Adult, Contemporary, Non-Fiction (especially True Crime, History and Science related) and Historical Fiction. Basically anything except Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Erotica 🙂
Some of my favourite books include….
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee (I own 32 different editions. Yes. THIRTY TWO. I’m not kidding.)
- Harry Potter. Is this a given for all avid readers? Probably.
- Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain
- Mockingbird by Kathryn Erskine
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (also the film is great)
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time by Mark Haddon
- About a Boy by Nick Hornby
- The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
Feel free to catch me on my social media to get to know me better!