A massive thank you to Diana from The Bookish Sisters (link to their blog here) The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
1. Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
“Audrey is over romance. Since her parents’ relationship imploded her mother’s been catatonic, so she takes a cinema job to get out of the house. But there she meets wannabe film-maker Harry. Nobody expects Audrey and Harry to fall in love as hard and fast as they do. But that doesn’t mean things are easy. Because real love isn’t like the movies…
The greatest love story ever told doesn’t feature kissing in the snow or racing to airports. It features pain and confusion and hope and wonder and a ban on cheesy clichés. Oh, and zombies…”
Us bookworms have a forever increasing TBR pile, thanks to endless new releases and fantastic recommendations from friends, blogs and videos. I *literally* have hundreds of books I want to read but here are my current top five that I want to get round to as soon as I can!
Price Jones is young, handsome, and already spirraling down the drain in a sea of alcohol. He chooses sex as his release, indiscriminate and plentiful, and for that he paid the price in many ways.The young novelist carries the weight of the world on his shoulders and wants nothing more than to be loved and the warmth of a woman’s touch.
After losing his mother to a heroin overdose Price finds himself in a precarious situation of loving two beautiful women simultaneously. A predicament he must resolve before life gets messier than it already is.
Can Price finally learn to respect himself? Will he finally spread his wings and fly? Is Iris the muse he needs to feed his creative and soul-deep need to be his version of a good man? Will she be the wind beneath his wings? Or will it be Benu the woman to sparks the light to his soul? Or will the trauma from his childhood keep Price from accepting love all together?
GOD IS A WOMAN is a heartfelt tale of one man’s journey toward self-destruction that could only be halted by one special woman. The story proves how a woman can be the driving force to a man’s personal growth. And how a woman’s God-like nature can provide the substance to a man’s heart and belief.
Hi again! Seeing as I only started my blog just over a week ago, I thought it would be a great idea to share 50 facts about me for a chance for you all to get to know me a little better. None of these are book related (I’ll do another blog post for that some time), but here it goes…
1. I have absolutely no idea what I want to do after university *someone employ me please*
2. I love living in Brighton when I’m at university but doubt I’ll stay there afterwards simply because it’s so darn expensive
3. My Dad owns a taxi company, yet ironically I get the bus everywhere and can’t drive
4. I have the cutest dog in the world – a black labrador called Bramble. I love her so much (I love all dogs of course)
5. One summer, I learnt to say the alphabet backwards, recite the whole periodic table and all the countries, flags and capitals in the world. Simply because I was bored. (This was BEFORE I became a massive bookworm!)